Write an iterative function to reverse a string. Do the same thing as a recursive function.
PHP Google Interview Questions
Questions to ask a PHP Developer
PHP engineers are often required to have a knowledge of the full web stack: starting with the ability to write optimized SQL queries, and wrapping up with a good understanding of HTML/CSS. When interviewing a PHP developer, make sure that you think through your requirements and ask good questions for all of them.
Here's a suggestion for a good menu of PHP interview questions:
- Start off with some basic SQL such as SQL Skills: Joins, Averages and Sums
- Include at least one simple coding task such as Separate a list of integers or Find the missing number
- Explore their ability to come up with an overall system design and data model with a flexible question like Design a restaurant reservation system or Design a card game system
- Ensure that they have a solid understanding of the basic building blocks of the web by asking about HTTP GET and POST or What are HTTP cookies?
- Wrap up with some CSS questions like Explore the HTML display and position attributes or CSS rule-set basics
If you have access to a function that returns a random integer from one to five, write another function which returns a random integer from one to seven.
Discuss an algorithm to traverse a tree, depth first.
Construct a regular expression that matches a valid email address.
Explain what a deadlock is in multithreaded programming
Design the schema or the classes to implement a library for building card games with. This library should make it easy to build games like Rummy, Poker, Hearts, Whist etc.
Outline the implementation for two of the most important methods of the